330 #2 Summit Place, Point Richmond, CA 94801
OBJECTIVE: Instructor in dance/fitness, choreography and/or costume design for dance studios, fitness centers, elementary, high school, university & theatre arts programs; enrichment/dance instructor for after school art programs; producer of cultural performances for touring or educational assemblies.
(Feb-June, 2010) Artistic Director/Consultant, SF Carnaval, S F Cultural Arts Traditions, non-profit
* Served as Liaison between SFCAT Production Team, Contingent Leaders & SF Carnaval Community
* Assisted in Developing Contingent’s Artistic Presentation (Dance, Floats, Costumes)
* Assisted Marketing Director & SF Board President in Developing Fundraising Package & Sponsorships
* Coordinated Line-up of Performers for 3 Festival Stages and assisted in all official pre-Carnaval events
* Participated in Carnaval Arts Advisory Committee & Production Team Meetings
* Coordinated and Facilitated Monthly Contingent Leaders Meetings
Assisted Webmaster and Production Team in Providing Content for Website
(1993-present:) Artistic Director, Co-Founder, Choreographer, Costume Designer, Dancer, Dance Instructor
Samba do Coraçao, Brazilian Cultural Arts, San Francisco Bay Area, CA
* Direct performing company, choreograph dances for company, instruct students in dance program
Plan, organize & implement course of study. Handle bookings, auditions & administration
* Design original theatrical costumes. Produced original music CD, videos and publicity material
Performed extensively in S F Bay Area, Nationally & Internationally. Clients include: World Arts West, Stanford University., Bill Graham Presents, Mexican Heritage Plaza Theatre, City of Pleasanton, San Jose Jazz Festival, Voices of Latin Rock, California & Alaska State Fairs, City of La Paz, Bolivia & International Music Carnival, Shanghai, China
(2000-present) Geary Dance Center, FICA Studio, Mary Sano, Metronome, Cheryl Burke Dance (SF Bay); Instruct students in Dance Programs & Annual Showcase. Plan, organize & implement course of study.
(2009-2011) Capuchino High School, San Bruno, CA, Instruct students in Brazilian Dance and Culture.
(1996-2006) (USCF) Instruct students in Dance & Fitness programs. Plan, organize and implement.
(2003-2005) The City of Pleasanton, Choreographer/Costume Designer for Youth/Adult Theater: (The Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribbean and A Christmas Carol).
(2004) Daly City Peninsula Partnership, Enrichment Instructor, Brazilian Dance & Culture, 2nd-6th grades.
(1995) Center Stage, Choreographer, Summer Youth Production of “Corrine”, San Francisco Day School.
(1985-1989) Rhythm & Motion, Dance, Fitness Instructor, San Francisco.
AWARDS / COMMUNITY SERVICE / ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE:
(2010) Served as Artistic Director of San Francisco Carnaval
(2003) Special Achievement Award, Carnaval San Francisco
(2000-2004) Served on Carnaval SF, Evaluation Committee and Artistic Advisory Board
(1993-2018) Top Award Winners, Carnaval SF, (Dance, Costumes, Music, Visuals & Overall Grand Prize)
(2005, 2001) Organized & conducted professional performing tours to Shanghai, China & Alaska
(1995-2005) Organized & conducted educational and cultural trips to Brazil, Bolivia and Mexico
EXTENSIVE DANCE TRAINING: Afro-Brazilian, Brazilian Samba, Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Dunham Technique, Zumba
EDUCATION B. A.: Art History and Design, California State University, Chico
MASTER CLASSES: Creativity and Arts Education, California State University, San Francisco